2. Wash your clothes in cold water, which uses less energy.
3. Only wash laundry when you have a full load.
4. Air dry your clothes instead of using your dryer.
6. Clean out your dryer lint trap so it doesn't have to work as hard to dry your clothes.
7. Use your microwave instead of your oven, which uses less energy.
8. Clean the coils on your refrigerator so it doesn't have to work as hard to keep your food cool.
9. Close the curtains in rooms that receive a lot of sunlight.
11. Replace your lightbulbs with LED bulbs.
12. Apply a tinted window film to block sunlight from entering through windows.
13. Purchase a programable thermostat so you can decide when to heat or cool your home, even if you're not there, thus saving on your energy bill.
14. Plant trees in front of windows to block light.
16. Upgrade to Energy Star appliances, which naturally help you save money due to their efficiency.
17. Clean any debris away from your air conditioner so it can run smoothly.
18. Lower the temperature on your water heater to save on standby heat losses.
19. Install low flow shower heads to save water.
20. Try not to block your vents with furniture.